Friday, April 24, 2009

Lucy

You are my waggy tail, perky eared, treat obsessed, sweet dog who brings me so much joy. I looked a long time for you. During my final visit to the shelter before you came home with me, you were the only one who waited quietly and patiently amongst all the other canines who were freaking out in their cages as I walked by. You were different and seemed comfortable with me right from the beginning. You came to me during a time in my life when I needed companionship and unconditional love.

You've been a part of my life for over 9 months now and every day you greet me exultantly. You are my personal trainer, forcing me to get my derriere off the couch and out on the pavement every day. A natural comedienne, you crack me up and bring me more laughter than I've had in years. Just the thought of hearing you howl (or is that your version of singing) when I sing at high pitches brings tears to my eyes, it is so funny. I love the way you play with your pals at the park and your obsession to follow strangers who have treats in their pockets. You demonstrate how truly obedient you REALLY can be!

No husband, no children yet, but I have you! And you make me happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post for such a sweet dog. My parents had to put down our beloved and very elderly beagle mix last year after he got lymphoma that couldn't be treated. Me & the girls miss him terribly each & every day still. I know it sounds terrible to say, but I cried harder & grieved longer his passing than I would have if he were certain human relatives of mine. Animals have a capability to love that knows no end, and is true and pure.

Love, your friend,
Kitty