Saturday, May 2, 2009

Skydiving

As if!
I would never jump out of a plane (unless I was forced and had a quality assured, top of the line parachute on my back). Although, I randomly daydream of being an airborn/freefalling acrobat. Now, wouldn't that be something to brag about?

Ever have one of those really tough days at work that makes you question what your real purpose in life is? This question usually pops up in my mind when something at work happens that doesn't sit well with me. I had one of those days yesterday. There's no blaming of people or tasks, just the accumulation of the situation and the lack of realizing my true purpose. In this respect I seem to be on the Route 66 of living a life of purpose.

So, I ask myself "What is the color of my parachute?".

A Bible verse comes to mind:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: