Sunday, May 10, 2009

Keeping Sabbath

I'm a "To Do List" kind of girl. I have difficulties with putting everything down, letting them be, and simply just stopping in life to breathe and listen to God's whispers. I usually have a "to do" list for that, too. First, listen to a sermon, then pray, then journal, then... and the list goes on. But, to actually STOP, rest, and rely on Him solely, that's a tough one. I recognize this discipline is my challenge so I'm adding it to my list. LOL! Ok, another to do list, I know.

A couple times in the last month or so, I haven't had plans on my Friday or Saturday which in some ways as a single girl is the downfall of a flailing social life. But, in others it's a blessed event. I do all the chores I normally would do on a Sunday on my Saturday so by the time Sunday comes along, I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with (unless I'm checking stuff off my to do list). This weekend was one of those times. Thankfully, I already knew I had plans on Sunday so intentionally did chores on Saturday but boy did it feel good!

On an additional note, I think keeping Sabbath also falls under my goals of decluttering and simplifying my life. It's a day of much less worry, clutter, and complexity. I'm all for the simplicity it offers.

It's Mother's Day today. My brother, sister-in-law and I are celebrating. No, I'm not a mom to a human child but I have Lucy. In their eyes, I'm a mom so I get to celebrate this year. Very exciting!

I'm off. Brunch, doggie walk, Star Trek @ IMAX (supposed to be a fabulous movie), and a Mexican dinner. I can't wait!

I'm off to

No comments: