Friday, April 24, 2009

Baby Quilt: The Fabric

I'm getting ready to welcome a new baby nephew and I couldn't be more excited about this. I've decided the one gift I would LOVE to give this baby is a personally made quilt to wrap him up in and make him feel loved. The only problem is that I've never quilted before. I can sew with a machine and I'm generally pretty crafty, so why not try.

I've finally picked out the fabrics I'm going to use. It took quite awhile but I had fun evaluating the colors and trying to figure out which pairings to commit to. I think I have a decent selection that will grow with him (nothing on it says "baby" so even as a 3 or 4 year old, he may still enjoy being wrapped up in it).

Now, I just have to figure out what are some of the best techniques and tips to actually put this thing together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you! I am knitting & ripping out & knitting a blanket for my new nephew, who is already here. I may have to switch patterns, which I don't want to do, because this one has been so challenging for me.

Love, your friend,
Kitty