Monday, September 19, 2011

Less Than a Year

Since my last post a year ago, I've gotten busy with getting my craft on! 

In November 2010 I bought myself a dSLR camera.  After the photography class I couldn't wait to pick up a "fancy" camera and start shooting.  So, when the sales started up for the holiday season I jumped in and got myself a camera kit.  A new obsession began. 

In January I started a new project called "365 Project" where you take a photo of your life each day for a year.  You can see it on my 365 project site.  It's been a transformational project, bringing more peace and creativity into my life.  It's tough thinking of topics day in and day out (which is why I have tons of photos of Lucy on there) but often times the result is worth the time.

Through the year I've started getting more involved in a scrapping/crafting group.  We'll be planning our first retreat in November with a beach house in northern California where we will craft all weekend.  Very excited!

The year has taken me on a trip to Banff/Jasper area in Alberta, Canada.  The views were stunning.

And now, it's September.  It seems as I get older the days pass by faster.  It amazes me that we can see Halloween on the horizon with the holidays just beyond. 

So, it makes me wonder why does 40 have to seem so "final"?  I need to set goals beyond 40 because when I reach July next year, I want to celebrate it with joy and excitement.  I don't want the "over the hill", black balloons, tombstone reminders.  Middle age is right in front of me and I don't think I'm ready.  I need to travel through a couple more rites of passage before I get "old".

Wait, 40 is the new 30, right?

No comments: